Saturday, February 28, 2009

Random News Stories

So I've been searching the internet for stories that I think are interesting or different. Surprise, surprise, there are MILLIONS and BILLIONS of them. The following are just a few. I'll try to keep this as up-to-date as possible.

In Dallas, Texas, a 9-year-old bride by the name of Jayla Cooper marries her 7-year-old friend Jose Griggs. The vowed eternal friendship. Jayla's last wish before her death--she's had leukemia for the last two years--was to get married. However, I think it's sad how some people can change the angle of the Wedding to even mention the word "sex." Is marriage simply sex?

The next story directly pertains to students. It consists of student expectations in the classroom and grades. However, the story is a perfect example of the decline of appreciation for education.

Finally, I'm sure everyone has heard of the 13-year-old father, Alfie,--whom in fact, looks only eight--in Britain. His 15-year-old girlfriend gave birth to a little girl named Massie. I can comprehend the mention of sex in this article yet, it only lightly touches on the subject.

Sometimes, I just don't understand this world. (I take that back...I hardly EVER understand this world!)

And just to make sure that I've mentioned Mexico's drug cartel wars, well...they're ongoing and might get out of control soon. The violence associated with Mexican drug-trafficking is starting to emerge in the border cities, especially those in Texas.

Stay tuned! More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment