Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Green-Bay Press-Gazette

For print jobs, I found The Green Bay Press-Gazette located in Green Bay, Wisconsin seeking a part-time news assistant with 1-3 years of experience who can write, edit, and proofread while not forgetting the importance of detail. The Green Bay Press-Gazette covers general news and is owned by the Gannett Company, Inc.

I like that it is a fast-paced environment because that’s what media deadlines are all about, especially in today’s century. I think that writing, editing, and proofreading in detail is crucial to newspaper writing. These tasks require the conciseness of newspaper style with attention to other writing aspects of the article, like its interest to the audience.

The position asks for some knowledge of html, Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, and other digital video/audio editing software. Currently, I’m taking Video Production class with Ben Scholle and am learning to use the Avid software for editing video and audio. PhotoShop I have tinkered with on my own and understand fairly well. My skills using html are quite minimal and even worse for web site software like Dreamweaver. In the Fundamentals of Internet course offered, I would learn the basics of html and have a great base for learning more on my own. I might not be exposed as much to Dreamweaver, but it is much easier than html style—or so I have heard. I could use tutorials to learn more about Dreamweaver online.

No comments:

Post a Comment